Skip to content
- You did not have the privilege of adding people you met during Freshers’ meet-up on Facebook simply because it didn’t exist.
- You must be having contact numbers of those Freshers you met but didn’t egt the chance to call them.. even once.
- Since texting wasn’t as inexpensive as it is now, therefore, MSN messenger was the only savior to satisfy your craving for having an online communication.
- Facebook indeed was born at some point in that particular era and if your Uni was among the first of the Britain institutes to get Facebook, you were truly privileged.
- Facebook was launched in Oct 2005 in Britain at some selected Universities including Cambridge, Oxford, York, Manchester and Leeds.
- Netflix wasn’t born yet and since people had much less to choose from so they had to settle for watching shows like Lost.
- Sunday mornings meant watching The OC on T4.
- This was followed by getting together to watch even more good-looking people on Shipwrecked.
- Your first year album certainly looked like this.
- Somewhat less lucky ones were allowed to use the old desktops of their parents, which apparently filled up most of the space in your room.
- Now that Napster and Kazaa are a thing of the past your only option to download music illegally was Limewire even if that meant making your laptop vulnerable to a variety of VIRUSES
- If downloading music wasn’t your Thing, the alternate solution was to borrow all the CDs your housemates owned and rip them directly onto your precious laptop.
- iPods became such a rage that it literally felt like everyone bought it as soon as their very first loan payment got landed into their accounts.
- Pound a Pint nights used to make you head straight to your nearest Scream pub, with of course your Yellow Card.
- Food and getting home was the only thoughts in your mind after getting highly drunk, and the interesting part was still having left with change of a £10 note
- If you were fortunate enough to own a laptop and bring it to uni, probably this is how it looked like and its weight wasn’t any less than a small human.
- At least one or several of the then upcoming bands were definitely your favorite.
- Of course, the nu-rave was there too. It better we do not discuss it any further.
- Laptops had although become a thing and quite a few people including you owned them but since these machines used to be extremely heavy so you would prefer writing notes on paper.
- You were still quite lucky because you belonged to the first generation who could access lecture slides online and get them printed.
- Getting to VOTE in your first general election in 2005 was definitely a cool and probably the maturest act you did on your own.
- You were never tired of using Anchorman quotes and so were your housemates.
- Also add Napoleon Dynamite to the list of quotes.
- While moving into the halls you didn’t have a tiniest idea who was moving-in with you before you got there because there weren’t any pre-set Facebook groups available.
- No filters were required to make the posters and pictures you hanged on your walls to appear retro…. Those already were shitty.
- To kill time you used to watch two back-to-back episodes of Friends on E4 and then the same episodes on E4+1 because nothing else would air at that particular time slot.
- If where you studied was a huge student town then probably you were lucky enough to witness the opening of Oceana.
- Since the ban wasn’t implemented yet, therefore, by the end of Freshers’ week your entire wardrobe smelled of smoke.
- You couldn’t even imagine moving around without your digital camera.
- Adding a huge album of personal pictures on Facebook was definitely what did you every night. Most of these albums are still present there.. isn’t it!